Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pillows, pillows everywhere



I have pillow problems.

Dave and I cannot agree about the appropriate/necessary number of pillows for our bed (or our couch for that matter).  I have completely hidden an old couch in our living room by draping it under a slipcover, and burying it under 7 pillows, leaving no place to sit, but visually quite pleasing.

This drives Dave nuts.

For our king-size bed, I think that somewhere between 8-10 pillows is about right. Dave sometimes makes his point by stacking up all the pillows on my side of the bed when he goes to bed at night.

We were out last night and our babysitter let the boys go to sleep in our bed (this is our standing back-up plan if they are too excited to go to sleep--they transfer like dreams). I forgot to tell Dave and he switched the light on and puttered around for a bit until he heard Blake snort in his sleep.

He could not even see the boys, because they had built a barricade (from "robbers and bandits") with the pillows and were sleeping under a huge pile. We could barely see their little heads poking out--which felt about 200 degrees. After we moved Michael and Blake, I saw that they had also put about 6 pillows under the blanket.

4 comments:

Char Lyn said...

Sorry, but I'm with Dave on this one.

Denise said...

Troy and I have this same argument. He takes to hiding the pillows in our bedroom behind one of the chairs, and they only come out again when I make the bed (so not very often).

He hides the couch pillows too. I haven't found his hiding spot yet.

I say, they should just get with the program, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Nortorious said...

Paige won't allow anyone in our family to have more than two throw pillows per sofa / bed. You spend your life picking them up.
My husband has a pillow problem, as in, I'm never allowed to touch his one sacred pillow. When I'm mad at him and he's not looking, I stomp on it and sneeze into it.
I should post about that. You've inspired me.

Ashby said...

LOL, it must be a girl thing because Ryan and I have the same arguement.