Monday, November 19, 2007

Halloween!





Blake as a ghost, Ellie as Little Red Riding Hood, and Michael as a red lego!

As a matter of note, our church had a Halloween party at a nearby farm with a huge bonfire. While Dave and I were half-heartedly watching our children around it we realized that 2/3 of our children were EXTREMELY flammable. We had Michael in a cardboard box doused with spray paint and Blake in a loose and flowing costume made of guaze! Ellie wasn't quite so flammable, but she did manage to do a frontwards filp off of a hay bale (and land right side up).

This was also our first "uncomfortable" costume made from a box. While Michael could put his arms down, he couldn't reach around to the front to hold open his trick-or-treat bag with both hands. This was quite concerning for him.

Following, find the interchange at every door:

(ding dong)
Neighbor: (opening door) Wow. . . aren't you a cute Lego.
(silence as Michael eyes the bowl of candy)
Me: Michael, what do you say?
Michael: (to candy-bearing neighbor) Um, I can't reach my arms around this box to hold my bag open, so you are just going to have to put the candy in yourself.
(Michael rustles bag down at his side until it is filled with treats.)

This happened at every door, and I could never get him to say "Trick or Treat," he always launched directly into the physics problems of his cubish costume.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is one killer lego costume. i'm impressed. (the other two are adorable too:)

Wendy said...

Welcome to the blogging world Shelby! I love how you dove right in. Those costumes are so cute. I love how you made your costumes, as opposed to me who just buys them. Homemade is so much more fun and creative.

Emily said...

Hey Shelby! I can't beleive how much the Lego boy looks like you! (I am sorry I do not know who he is!) I also can't believe you made those costumes! Can you teach me, so I don't waste my money next year? Your mom was out this way last week and I got to see her. She is in love with your kids and loves being a grandma! I got to hear all about them! So cute!

Emma said...

So glad to read the updates Shelby. It's a great way to keep up with friends, so I am glad you have started a blog!

Ellie said...

Ellie is SO CUTE! The other ones are too. But I am partial to her.