Friday, July 10, 2009

Thumbs up!


Here is an update on Baby Kendall:

She is a dream, angel, cherub, etc.

I know there aren't any "bad" babies, but there are some exceptionally "good" ones and Kendall is one of those.

She is happy, docile, smiley, and a huge fan of her right thumb. Apparently the thumbing skill helps with the sleeping skill and she's been knocking out 12-hour nights since 3 months. Trust us, we've had 3 others and we know we lucked out.

Bring on the thumbsucking-induced orthodontia--it is worth it. And let's face it, our kids' mouths will cost fortunes anyway. Our dentist told me that I should have married an orthodontist.

Kendall's 2 downfalls are:
1-she is a huge spitter, massive quantities at any time. Splash-down. She did such a huge one about 10 minutes after getting to Gilroy Gardens last month that the puddle was still there 4 hours later. Sometimes I get up after Sacrament Meeting and there is an actual reservoir on our pew where she has spit down my back. Charming. . .
2-she is a loud sleeper. So loud that she hasn't slept in our room ever, and we only used a monitor for half a night (when she was 1 day old). She grunts, groans, rolls around, squeaks, sighs, slurps. I shared a room with her in May when we were in UT, and it was awful. That might be better now that she has a thumb, though. . .

And she's the spitting image of Ellie as a baby (and not too far off from Blake).

Come visit while you can experience the wonder of baby Kendall, before she turns on us.





5 comments:

Lara said...

Three out of my five kids were thumb suckers and I'm definitely a fan! Can't beat self-soothing!

PS your kids are totally adorable and getting so big!

carilarkins said...

Great. Now that you have perfect baby, you're going to want another one and we'll never get to take our dream vacation together. But, she is really cute. I have a baby for the summer too. Someday I'll post about her.

Unknown said...

Hi Shelby! She's BEAUTIFUL! As for the spitting, my baby's got that talent, too. His reflux medication doesn't seem to help all that much. I'm still hoping he'll become a thumb-sucker. I had one of those. It definitely beats being a blanket-sucker. (GROSS, I'm telling you -- I had two of those.)

Thompson Tattler said...

Beautiful children!

Wendy said...

Aww, baby Kendall sounds like a dream. I love that pic of Ellie in her glasses and kendall. Too cute!