Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gilroy Gardens

Only in central CA can you spin around in a representation of a giant artichoke.
It was one cool day at Gilroy Gardens with the cousins. The big kids took a breather on the carousel after 4 consecutive rides on the Timber Twister roller coaster (that goes around 2 times for every ride.) I survived without Dramamine.



Gramma splurged for a slurpee for each family. Nervous that cessation of slurping would cause loss of icee real estate, no kids ever came up for air and all suffered major brain freezes.

I know the girls are turned around, I just loved this one of Amy. 

There are many "real" rides at Gilroy Gardens, but Blake "racecar" Moeller opted for 10 TIMES in the kiddie cars until the black vinyl had scorched his bottom and absorbed so much sun he was bright red. Everytime the ride stopped, he got out and switched colors to "see which one was the fastest." The ride operator told him when we finally lured him off with a Capri Sun, "You won the record for the most consecutive rides?"
Blake heard this as, "You won!" He told me the rest of the day, "I won the race!"





2 comments:

Tamara said...

Wow! How fun...I never knew there was anything in Gilroy except garlic-

carilarkins said...

I am so glad you're back in blogging business. I can't believe how big the kids are--especially Baby Ellie. When are you guys coming to visit?